Entering psychotherapy is one of the most important decisions a person can make in life, requiring courage, humility, and a powerful desire to resolve one's difficulties and become the person you want to be. I know because I've done it several times! It will be a privilege to earn your trust, make you feel comfortable, and join with you in a collaborative process to unlock your inner resources and reach your personal goals.
Clinical Psychology Services
- Psychotherapy for Individuals, Couples, and Families
- Hypnotherapy for Psychological and Medical Problems
- Forensic Psychology Services
Concerns and problems brought to therapy include anxiety and phobias, depression, anger, trauma, abuse, grief, relationship strife, health issues, eating disorders, family issues, stress, low self-esteem, addictions, performance blocks, and personal growth.
Dr. Boyd provides psychotherapy both in his office and by phone.To schedule an appointment with Dr. Boyd, email email@example.com or call 1-434-760-0948.
Please print and complete the intake form to bring to your first appointment, and be sure to read the office policies so that you know what to expect.
About John D. Boyd, PhD
Dr. Boyd’s Ph.D. is from Ohio State University, and he has served as Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Virginia. He is licensed by Virginia’s Board of Psychology to offer services in Clinical Psychology, Clinical Hypnosis, and Forensic Psychology.
Advanced Clinical Credentials
- Diplomate in Counseling Psychology, American Board of Professional Psychology
- Diplomate in Clinical Hypnosis, American Board of Psychologica Hypnosis
- Approved Provider & Consultant, American Society of Clinical Hypnosis