About John D. Boyd, PhDDr. Boyd’s Ph.D. is from Ohio State University, and he has served as Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Virginia (UVA). At UVA he taught and supervised graduate students who were entering the fields of Clinical Psychology and Professional Counseling. His academic work also produced three published books, numerous book chapters, and many journal articles. He now practices clinical and forensic psychology from his home office in Richmond, Virginia.
Advanced Clinical Credentials
- Diplomate in Counseling Psychology, American Board of Professional Psychology
- Diplomate in Clinical Hypnosis, American Board of Psychologica Hypnosis
- Approved Provider & Consultant, American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
Clinical Psychology Services
- Psychotherapy for Individuals, Couples, and Families
- Hypnotherapy for Psychological and Medical Problems
- Forensic Psychology Services
Concerns and problems brought to therapy include anxiety and phobias, depression, anger, trauma, abuse, grief, relationship strife, health issues, eating disorders, family issues, stress, low self-esteem, addictions, performance blocks, and personal growth.
Dr. Boyd provides psychotherapy both in his office and by phone.To schedule an appointment with Dr. Boyd, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 1-434-760-0948.
- Please print and complete the intake form to bring to your first appointment.
- Be sure to read the office policies before your appointment so that you know what to expect.
Forensic Psychology Services
- Personal Injury Law: collaborating with the attorney to screen invalid cases and provide evidential support for valid cases
- Psychological Evaluations: for personal injury cases and clients in a variety of civil and legal circumstances